Typist Faves: Oscar Awards 2018 Best Dressed Celebrities
The 90th Academy Awards packed a lot of surprises, and the fashion scene obviously wasn’t an exception. We have Jordan Peele, the first African-American to win best original screenplay, with his antler pin and of course Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon and his black leather harness.
We also spotted many classic and simple looks – Meryl Streep in lipstick red Dior, and dazzling yet elegant gowns like that of constantly-best-dressed actress Lupita Nyong’o.
Here are our fave looks from the 90th Academy Awards held last March 4, 2018:
1. Emily Blunt in Schiaparelli Haute Couture
Actress Emily Blunt wore #Schiaparelli #HauteCouture at the 90th Academy Awards. Presenting at this year’s Oscars, she appeared in an aqua silk polka dot tulle and point d’esprit lace gown embellished with a harness embroidered with black hand-stitched white leather petals, flowers and butterflies, clear plastic flowers and turquoise beads. @bertrandguyon @highheelprncess @theacademy #instaSchiap #Oscars2018 #EmilyBlunt
2. Lupita Nyong’o in Vibranium by Versace
3. Saoirse Ronan in Calvin Klein By Appointment
4. Jordan Peele in Calvin Klein By Appointment
5. Jennifer Lawrence in Christian Dior
6. Ansel Elgort in Tom Ford
7. Zendaya in Giambattista Valli Haute Couture
8. Nicole Kidman in Armani Privé
9. Danai Gurira in Gabriela Hearst
10. Chadwick Boseman in Givenchy Haute Couture
11. Octavia Spencer in Brandon Maxwell
Thanks @wendiandnicole @brandonmaxwell @missvalnoble @davestanwell @tylerellisofficial @lorraineschwartz @jimmychoo thanks @LauraBasci thanks Fox Searchlight. Thanks @kristielnutt for coming through with the jet when ours broke down. Kiss big D for me. Love you @smithcwe!!!! Love you Miles Dale and Guillermo, Sally and the Shape Fam. Thank you for the nomination, @theacademy That’s a wrap on awards season.
12. Meryl Streep in Dior
13. Allison Janney in Reem Acra
14. Timothée Chalamet in Berluti